About William Gifford
1. WILLIAM1 GIFFORD1 was born October 20, 1773 in Guilford Co, NC1, and died November 17, 1814 in Preble Co, OH2. He married KEZIAH JONES3 March 08, 1797 in Cane Creek, Chatham Co, NC3,4, daughter of HENRY JONES and KEZIAH HICKSON. She was born November 20, 1775 in North Carolina5, and died October 1813 in Preble Co, OH5.
Notes for WILLIAM GIFFORD:
- Also according to Preble County records, May 1817, regarding heirs of William Gifford, Nathan Gifford chose Amos Hawkins as his guardian. Nathan Stubbs was appointed guardian of Andrew Gifford, age 12(inconsistent with age in census) and Hannah Gifford, age 8. William Cox was appointed guardian of Jesse Gifford, age 5. Later records show Jesse Gifford, age 17, chose Job Talbut as his guardian.
More About WILLIAM GIFFORD:
- Occupation: Cooper and Farmer6
Children of WILLIAM GIFFORD and KEZIAH JONES are:
- NATHAN2 GIFFORD, b. March 20, 1799, Guilford Co, NC; d. March 24, 1871, Preble Co, OH.
- HENRY GIFFORD, b. January 01, 1800, North Carolina.
- ANDREW GIFFORD, b. Abt. 1803, Gilford Co, NC.
- WILLIAM JR GIFFORD7, b. 1807, Preble Co, OH7; d. 1829; m. ANN UNKNOWN7.
- 5. v. ANN HANNAH GIFFORD, b. 1809, Preble Co, OH.
6. vi. JESSE GIFFORD, b. April 10, 1810, Preble Co, OH; d. November 19, 1882, Preble Co., OH.