About William Graham, 8th Earl of Menteith
From Darryl Lundy's Peerage page on William Graham:
William Graham, 8th Earl of Menteith 
- M, #3044,
- b. circa 1634,
- d. 12 September 1694
- Last Edited=19 Aug 2012
- Consanguinity Index=0.4%
William Graham, 8th Earl of Menteith was born circa 1634. He was the son of John Graham, Lord Graham of Kinpont and Lady Mary Keith.
He married, firstly, Anne Hewes in November 1661.
He married, secondly, Catherine Bruce, daughter of Thomas Bruce of Blairhall and Jean Henderson, on 4 April 1685.
He died on 12 September 1694, without issue.
- He succeeded to the title of 2nd Earl of Airth [S., 1633] after April 1661. He succeeded to the title of 8th Earl of Menteith [S., 1427] after April 1661.
- He gained the rank of Captain in 1669 in the service of the Perth Militia.
- He was Commissioner of Excise in 1680.
On his death, the issue male of the 1st Earl of Airth became extinct.
- 1. [S6] G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume I, page 76. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage.
- 2. [S37] Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes (Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003), volume 2, page 2752. Hereinafter cited as Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition.
- 3. [S37] Charles Mosley, Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition, volume 1, page 1294.