|Birthplace:||Ashill, Somerset, England|
|Death:||Died in Taunton, (Present Bristol County), Plymouth Colony (Present Massachusetts)|
|Place of Burial:||Taunton, Bristol County, Massachusetts, United States|
Son of Thomas Harvey, of Ashill and Joan Harvey
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for William Harvey, of the Plymouth Colony
About William Harvey, of the Plymouth Colony
- Birth: 1614 - Ashill, Somersetshire, England
- Death: Will written 12 June 1691 at Taunton, Bristol, Massachusetts t
- Parents: Thomas Harvey (died before 1647 in Somersetshire) & Joan Collier
- Wife: Joane Hucker
Children of William and Joanna (Hucker) Harvey:
- + 6. i. ABIGAIL, b. 25 April 1640; d. 20 Aug., 1691.
- + 7. ii. THOMAS, b. 18 Dec., 1641; d. 172S.
- 8. iii. EXPERIENCE, b. 4 March 1654; married (II) Thomas. q. v.
- + 9. iv. JOSEPH, b. 8 Dec., 1645; d. 1691.
- + 10. v. JONATHAN, b. 1647; d. 1691.
From "The Harvey Book" by Oscar Jewett Harvey, 1899:
In 1648 William was one of the heirs named in the “will of Agnes Clark of Ayshill [Ashill], Somerset, widow.” The will was executed 20 Oct., 1647, and proved 10 May, 1648, and from it the following paragraphs have been taken:
- “I give and bequeath unto William Harvey the son of Thomas Harvey deceased, my kinsman now in New England, eighteen pounds, being parcel of thirtyfive pounds which is owing unto me by Richard Parker of Ayshill upon his bond, which sum is to be paid as soon as it can be recovered, if he shall come to demand it at any time within four years; but if he come not then my will is that William Harvey the son of James Harvey shall have the said money at such time as he shall be of lawful age to give a discharge.
- “I give to the said William, son of James Harvey, fifteen pounds parcel of the said thirtyfive pounds, when of age. * “I give and bequeath unto William Harvey in New England all my household stuff during his life, if he come to claim it; and after his decease to remain in the house to the use of James Harvey his brother, and the said James to make use of it until William his brother shall come to claim it.” * * * (See “ Genealogical Gleanings in England,” New Engl. Hist. & Gen. Rvg., XLVI.: 453.1
"I think it is very clearly proved by the public records herein referred to, and by other records, that there was no William Harvey residing at Plymouth in 1639, and that the two Williams "then in New England" were: (1) William of Taunton, whose wife was Joanna Hucker, and (2) William of Boston, who married Martha Copp." ---End of the section about the two William Harveys.
Children of William and Joanne Harvey:
- 01 (F): Abigail Harvey Born: 25 Apr 1640 Died: 20 Aug 1691
- 02 (M): Thomas Harvey Born: 18 Dec 1641 in Boston, Suffolk Co., MA Died: 1728 in Taunton, Bristol Co., MA Spouses: Elizabeth Willis
- 03 (F): Experience Harvey Born: 04 Mar 1643/44 Died: 1719
- 04 (M): Joseph Harvey Born: 08 Dec 1645 Died: 1691
- 05 (M): Jonathan Harvey Born: 1647 Died: before Nov 1691
- [S858] Harvey Book, online.
- [S358] Ryan Herbert, "Family of Ryan L. Herbert", Nov. 19, 2002, unverified.
- [S659] Early VR Plymouth CO MA (published), Vital Records of Plymouth.
- [S1140] Merideth B. Colkert, Founders of Early American Families.
- [S35] "The Simeon M. Fox Papers," Simeon Moses Fox, 1880-1935 Collection of A. Gulbransen.
- [S839] Early VR Suffolk Co. MA (published), Vital records of Boston.
William Harvey, of the Plymouth Colony's Timeline
January 15, 1595
Sheriff Hales, Shropshire, England
Ashill, Somerset, England
April 25, 1640
Boston, (Present Suffolk County), Massachusetts Bay Colony
January 18, 1641
Taunton, Bristol County, Massachusetts
April 1, 1644
Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts Bay Colony, (Present USA)
December 8, 1645
Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts
Taunton, Bristol County, Massachusetts, United States
June 12, 1691
Taunton, (Present Bristol County), Plymouth Colony (Present Massachusetts)
November 4, 1933