William James Douton
|Also Known As:||"William Joseph"|
|Birthplace:||Albion, Orleans, NY, USA|
|Death:||Died in Atlantic Ocean|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for William James Douton
About William James Douton
Mr William Joseph ( James ) Douton
- Born: Thursday 18th December 1856
- Age: 55 years 3 months and 28 days.
- Married to Emily Ester (née Lemoniere) Douton.
- Last Residence: in Holley New York United States
- Occupation: Quarryman
- 2nd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 28403 , £26
- Destination: Holley New York United States
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Mr William James Downton, 54, from Rochester, New York, boarded the Titanic at Southampton as a second class passenger together with Peter David McKane. To reach their destination Rochester, they bought ticket number 38403 for £26. He last resided in Guernsey (at Mrs Cornaille, near Vale Church).
Downton was married and his wife awaited him at New York, but when the survivor lists were published she could only find Miss Lilian Bentham, also from Rochester.
Mr Douton died in the sinking. His body, if recovered, was never identified.