William John Parkin
|Birthplace:||Heanor, Derbyshire, England|
|Death:||Died in Bountiful, Davis, Utah, USA|
|Place of Burial:||Bountiful, Davis, Utah, USA|
|Managed by:||Eldon Clark (C)|
Historical records matching William John Parkin
About William John Parkin
Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel 1847–1868 Thomas E. Ricks Company (1863)
Perpetual Emigrating Fund
Age at departure: 24
Birth: May 19, 1839 Heanor Derbyshire, England
Death: Feb. 17, 1919 Bountiful Davis County Utah, USA
WILLIAM J PARKIN DIED SUNDAY NIGHT William J Parkin who had been a resident of Bountiful since 1863 and who was in his eightieth year died at his home in South Bountiful Sunday night following a stroke of paralysis a week or ten days before.
He was born in Heanor, Derbyshire England and was the son of the late Mr and Mrs John Parkin.
He left his native land with his parents setting sail from Liverpool in May, on the ship Cynasore, arriving in Utah in Oct, 1863.
For Fourty-two years Mr. Parkin has been making trips to Park City to market vegetables and farm produce. He was among the first to sell farm products in that mining camp. Deceased is survived by his wife, Elizabeth Thurgood Parkin, 16 children, 68 grandchildren and 20 great grandchildren. A former wife, Elizabeth Foulds Parkin, preceded him in death. Funeral services will be held in South Bountiful this Friday, afternoon.
- John Parkin (1821 - 1885)
- Elizabeth Wright Brown Parkin (1821 - 1887)
- Eliza Foulds Parkin (1839 - 1889)
- Elizabeth Selena Thurgood Parkin (1863 - 1949)
- Harriet Parkin Varley (1867 - 1950)*
- George Parkin (1873 - 1952)*
- Eliza Jane Parkin Yeiter (1880 - 1949)*
- Erma Parkin Bollwinkel (1906 - 2000)*
- William John Parkin (1839 - 1919)
- Harriet Parkin Matchit (1843 - 1879)*
- Joseph Parkin (1850 - 1935)*
- Hyrum Parkin (1854 - 1899)*
- Heber Parkin (1861 - 1921)*
- Calculated relationship
Burial: Bountiful Memorial Park Bountiful Davis County Utah, USA Plot: B-8-32-3
Created by: Mary Record added: Dec 30, 2009 Find A Grave Memorial# 46132179