Matching family tree profiles for William Locke
view all 14
About William Locke
- A history and genealogy of Captain John Locke (1627-1696) of Portsmouth and Rye, N.H., and his descendants; also of Nathaniel Locke of Portsmouth, and a short account of the history of the Lockes in England (1916?])
- F46 Jonathan Locke, b. in Rye March 15, 1702, m. in Portsmouth, by Rev. Wm. Allen, March 2, 1727, Sarah Haines, dau. of William and Mary (Lewis) of Greenland. She was b. Oct. 18, 1705, d. Oct. 1753. He bought 31 acres of land on the Sandy Beach Road in Rye 1723-4 and in 1735 bought 34 acres of land in New Castle (Part of Andrew Pepperell's land). In 1739 he sold land on the Greenland Road, again sold land in Chester 1758. In 1767 he gave son David 35 acres of land in Rye provided he support his sister Sarah until her marriage. He gave common land to son Jonathan in 1771. He lived in Rye and was a Representative to the General Assembly. At General Assembly Jan. 1744 he with two others were appointed a committee "to go to James Jeffreys, late Clerk of the Assembly and demand and bring back the books and files belonging to this house." He lived where Deacon Jonathan Locke now resides at Rye Centre, and died there Jan. 2, 1774. His wife and five children died of throat distemper in 1753.
- Children of the 4th Gen. all b. in Rye.
- 202 Sarah, b. Jan. 3, 1728, d. Rye, Sept. 26, 1742.
- F203 Patience, b. Feb. 10, 1730, m. Benjamin Woodbridge.
- F204 Jonathan, b. Jan. 29, 1732, m. June 8, 1758, Abigail Towle,
- 205 Mary, b. Sept. 20, 1733, d. Oct. 11, 1753.
- F206 Deacon David, b. Aug. 24, 1735, m. 1st, Hannah Lovering, Feb. 9, 1758. He m. 2nd, March 24, 1809, Widow Olive (Marden) Elkins.
- F207 Abigail, b. Sept. 5, 1736, m. Feb. 23, 1758, James Perkins.
- F208 Capt. William, b. July 26, 1738, m. Christena Paine.
- 209 Margaret, b. July 20, 1740, d. 1753.
- 210 Abner, b. July 31, 1742, d. Oct. 1753.
- 211 Sarah, b. Aug. 28, 1744, d. unm. in Rye, Dec. 31, 1796.
- 212 Hannah, b. Dec. 18, 1746, d. Oct. 1753.
- 213 John, b. Dec. 9, 1748, d. Oct. 1753.