Matching family tree profiles for William (the Younger) Lord
About William (the Younger) Lord
4. William Lord, Salem, Mass., called ' the Younger,' nephew of the above named William Lord ; who married Jane , as he himself tells us, though she signed her name sometimes as Eliza — perhaps her name was Jane Eliza, or Eliza Jane. Fie had sons and daughters. Of the sons Jeremiah Lord removed to Enfield, Conn., and had children : and great care is necessary on -the part of the genealogist who attempts the arrangement of his descendants, lest confusion arise by a commingling of their names with descendants of Thomas Lord of Hartford, Conn. Another son, William Lord, married Mary Moulton, removed from Salem.
- William Lord's daughter Ann married William Bartholomew. William Lord is mentioned as living there in Salem in 1634. Henry Bartholomew was in Salem, MA. in 1663. Both these men were prominent in governing the town, and town records show them attending town meetings in 1643-1650. William Lord and Henry Bartholomew were constables in Salem too.http://www.angelfire.com/mi4/polcrt/salem.html
- Edward Elbridge Salisbury. Family-histories and genealogies : containing a series of genealogical and biographical monographs on the families of .... (page 36 of 38)
- HISTORICAL COLLECTIONS OF THE ESSSEX INSTITUTE, page 257
- Vital records of Salem, Essex, Massachusetts, page 407, LORD, William, sr., Jan. 14, 1672. a. 97 y. CT.R.