William Moody, of Newbury
|Also Known As:||""the immigrant"", "William Moodye"|
|Birthplace:||Ipswich, Suffolk, England|
|Death:||Died in Newbury, Essex, Massachusetts|
|Place of Burial:||Newbury, Essex, Massachusetts, United States|
|Occupation:||Saddler, furrier, blacksmith|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for William Moody, of Newbury
About William Moody, of Newbury
"William Moody was a saddler and came from Ispwich, England to Ipswich, MA in 1634 sailing on the "Mary & John", Robert Sayres, Master, from Southhampton 10 Apr. with his wife Mrs. Sarah Moody and their son Joshua."
1. WILLIAM MOODY (WILLIAMa, ROBERTb, RICHARDc, EDMUNDd) was born 1611 in Ipswich, Suffolk Co. Eng, and died Oct 25, 1673 in Newbury, MA. He married SARAH. He left Southhampton, Apr 10, 1634, on the ship Mary & John, and landed at Boston at the end of May. With 100 others, he removed to Ipswich, MA and remained there for the winter. He was then induced to settle in the new town of Newbury and was admitted as a Freeman May 6, 1635. A Saddler, Furrier & Smith
Children of WILLIAM MOODY and SARAH are:
- Samuel MOODY , born 1630 in England; died Apr 04, 1675 in Newbury, MA.
- Joshua MOODY, born 1632 in England; died Jul 04, 1697 in Newbury MA.
- CALEB MOODY, born 1637 in Newbury, MA; died Aug 25, 1698 in Newbury, MA.
- Marriage to SARAH PIERCE 1: (1630 — Age: 20) Watertown, Middlesex, Massachusetts, USA
- Departure: (1634 — Age: 24) Ipswich, Suffolk, England
- Residence: (1635 — Age: 25) Newbury, Essex, Massachusetts, United States
- Residence: (1653 — Age: 43) Newbury, Essex County, MA
- Residence: Ipswich, Essex, Massachusetts, USA
- Marriage: of MA