About William Moulton
- Born: 19 Aug 1772, Newburyport MA
- Parents: Joseph Moulton b: 1 SEP 1744 in Newburyport, Essex, MA & Abigail Noyes b: 23 FEB 1739
- Marriage: Judith Noyes on 1 Oct 1801 in Newburyport MA
- Died: 1861
- Beaker by William Moulton, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
He worked from 1795 to 1850 as a silversmith in Newburyport MA referred to for many years as the "honest goldsmith," but the source of this character reference has been lost. In addition to supplying well crafted church silver and other vessels, he made jewelry in his shop on Merrimack between Market Square and Unicorn Street. His son Joseph continued the business. 3
- 3 Flynt, Henry and Fales, Martha Gandy, The Heritage Foundation Collection of Silver.