About William Rathbone
- Rathbone genealogy by Cooley, John Clark
- RICHARD1 RATHBONE, the first of the name in America of whom we have any record, was born about 1574. He married Marion Whipple, sister of Captain John Whipple, who mentions her in his will, made at Ipswich, Essex county, Mass., Dec. 19, 1616. and probated Jan. 28, 1618. They had four children, all sons. So far as we have been able to discover, none of them left issue except John, the youngest. The eldest, the Rev. William Rathbone, resided and preached in Vermont in 1630: he is spoken of in a work published in ???7 and reprinted in "Historical Collections of Massachusetts." Children:
- 1. William, b. 1598.
- 2. Joseph, b 1600.
- 3. Thomas, b. 16 —
- 4. John, b abt. 1610; m. abt. 1633.
- JOHN2 RATHBONE (Richard1), born about 1610. He married about 1633, and had one son. John, perhaps others.
- 1. John, b. abt. 1634; m. Margaret Dodge.
- .... etc.