Historical records matching William Ridgeway
About William Ridgeway
1. Per the Sheridan Sun (Jan. 31, 1980, pg 7A, William graduated from Willamette University, was 1st principal of Dallas High School, and then taught at Franklin High in Portland, while continuing to farm his portion of the John Ridgeway farm. Listed in 18 Jan 1920 census of Pct 32, Dallas, Polk Co., ED 379, S.1, L80, at age 33, high school principal, with wife Mabel 30 and son Gordon 1 2/12.
2. In 1920, William lost his wife in February in the flu pandemic, his mother-in-law died in March and his mother died in August.
3. In the yearbook of Franklin High School, during the period 1936-39, as found in the Clackamas Co. Historical Society library in Oregon City, William is sometimes listed as W.R. Ridgeway. However, his son confirmed that William had no middle initial.
He had a dry wit, taught math and coached the school basketball team. He would leave Portland on weekends and in the summer to go back to the farm next to Mill Creek, which did not have power or indoor plumbing. For meat, he would slaughter one of the sheep, and he and his son Gordon would butcher it. Marie would can the mutton.
4. Graduated from Sheridan School (10th grade) June 30, 1906 and gave oration "Glimpses of the Stream of Civilization".
5. William buried in the mausoleum at Lincoln Memorial Park, 10500 SE Mt. Scott Blvd, Portland OR, Devotion Corridor, Crypt 10
William and Mabel had one son, Gordon Blair Ridgeway. He was born November 14, 1918 in Dallas, Polk Co., OR and died December 29, 2003 in Seattle, WA
William married Marie Sophia Elizabeth Badura on June 30, 1921 in Portland, Oregon. Marie was b. April 01, 1895 in Portland OR and d. July 24, 1983 in Reseda, California. They had son Willard William Ridgeway, b. March 17, 1930 d. May 23, 1980 and Living Daughter Ridgeway June 22, 1925.