Matching family tree profiles for William Tanfield, I, Esq.
About William Tanfield, I, Esq.
- William Tanfield, Esq.1,2,3,4,5
- M, #84658, b. circa 1488, d. 6 April 1529
- Father Robert Tanfield, Esq.1,2,6,4,7 b. c 1462, d. c 20 Sep 1504
- Mother Katherine Neville2,6,4,7 b. c 1462
- William Tanfield, Esq. was born circa 1488 at of Gayton, Northamptonshire, England; Age 37 in 1525, of age in 1509, age 16 in 1504.1,2,3,4,5 He married Isabel (Elizabeth) Staveley, daughter of William Staveley, Esq. and (Miss) Esse, circa 1509; They had 4 sons (Humphrey; Francis, Esq; Robert, Esq; & William) and 3 daughters (Elizabeth, wife of John Ashby; Ursula, wife of William Purcell; & Agnes, wife of Peter Molle).1,2,3,4,5 William Tanfield, Esq. died on 6 April 1529 at of Gayton, Northamptonshire, England.2,3,4,5 His estate was probated on 26 April 1529.3,4,5
- Family Isabel (Elizabeth) Staveley b. c 1488, d. b 12 Jan 1547
- Francis Tanfield, Esq.+1,2,3,4,5 b. c 1512, d. 21 Nov 1558
- [S9673] The Royal Descents of 500 Immigrants, by Gary Boyd Roberts.
- [S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 601.
- [S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. IV, p. 176-177.
- [S6] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry: 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 59.
- [S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. V, p. 129.
- [S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. IV, p. 176.
- [S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. V, p. 128.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p2818.htm#i84658
- William Tanfield1
- M, #179920, b. circa 1489
- Last Edited=9 Jan 2006
- William Tanfield was born circa 1489.1 He was the son of Robert Tanfield and Catherine Neville.1
- [S1461] Barbara Chaffin, "re: Kellogg Ancestors," e-mail message to Darryl Lundy, 27 September 2005. Hereinafter cited as "re: Kellogg Ancestors."
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p17992.htm#i179920
- Catherine NEVILLE
- Father: Edward NEVILLE (1° B. Abergavenny)
- Mother: Catherine HOWARD
- Married: Robert TANFIELD (b. ABT 1461) (son of Robert Tanfield of Gayton (Esq.) and Elizabeth Brooke)
- 1. William TANFIELD (Esq.) (b. ABT 1489 - d. 6 Apr 1529)
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/NEVILLE4.htm#Catherine NEVILLE2
- Edward Nevill, de facto 3rd (de jure 1st) Baron Bergavenny (bef. 1414 – 18 October 1476) was an English peer.
- He was the 7th. son  of Ralph de Neville, 1st Earl of Westmorland, and Joan Beaufort, Countess of Westmorland, daughter of John of Gaunt and Katherine Swynford).
- In 1436 he married Lady Elizabeth de Beauchamp (d. 18 June 1448), daughter of Richard de Beauchamp, 1st Earl of Worcester, and the former Lady Isabel le Despenser, who later succeeded as de jure 3rd Baroness Bergavenny. They had four children. Their two sons were Richard Nevill bef. (1439 – bef. 1476) and Sir George Nevill (c.1440–1492), who would become 4th and 2nd Baron Bergavenny upon his father's death. Through George Nevill, Edward Neville is an ancestor to Mary Ball, mother of George Washington. His daughters Alice and Catherine (b.c. 1444) married Sir Thomas Grey and John Iwardby respectively.
- Shortly after his first wife's death, in the summer or fall of 1448, he married Katherine Howard, daughter of Robert Howard and sister of John Howard, 1st Duke of Norfolk. His second wife bore him three additional daughters. Catherine Nevill (b. c. 1452/bef. 1473) married Robert Tanfield (b. 1461), son of Robert Tanfield and Elizabeth Brooke, daughter of Edward Brooke, 6th Baron Cobham, and Elizabeth Touchet, born c. 1433, and had children. Their son William was ancestor of Thomas Jefferson. His daughter Margaret (b.bef. 1476-1506), married John Brooke, 7th Baron Cobham. John and Margaret are the grandparents of Elizabeth Brooke, Lady Wyatt. Daughter Anne (b.bef 1476-1480/81) did not long survive her father.
- .... etc.
- From: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Neville,_3rd_Baron_Bergavenny
William Tanfield, I, Esq.'s Timeline
Gayton, Northampton, England
Gayton, Northampton, England
April 6, 1529