William Thompson, II
|Death:||Died in Nansemond, Virginia|
|Occupation:||m. 1650-1655, British Army|
|Managed by:||Linda Sue|
About Col. William Thompson
William Thompson, born Abt. 1642 in England; died abt 1667 in Virginia.
- Parents: Son of William Thompson (abt 1605-1657) & Cecily Mathews (born abt 1605)
- Ellen Montague, b abt 1645 in Virginia. She was the daughter of Peter Montague (1603-1659) & his 1st wife, whose name is not known.
- Mary, whose parents are not known. She married Edward Poole second & they helped raise the Thompson orphans.
Children of Ellen Montague & William Thompson:
- Elizabeth THOMPSON b: 1662 in Middlesex Co., VA
- William THOMPSON b: ABT 1664 in Lancaster Co., VA
- from Darrett B. and Anita H. Rutman 1984, A Place in Time: Middlesex County, Virginia 1650-1750, pp. 87 and 94-106. First wife Ellen Montague, second Mary. William appears on a 1658 list tithables. His children passed into the guardianship of Thomas Haselwood
Darrett B. and Anita H. Rutman 1984, A Place in Time: Middlesex County, Virginia 1650-1750, pp. 87 and 94-106. First wife Ellen Montague, second Mary. William appears on a 1658 list tithables. His children passed into the guardianship of Thomas Haslewood.