Yvana Rekar (Recar)
|Death:||Died in Brighton-le-sands, NSW, Australia|
Daughter of Simone Rekar and Tereza Yacobiche
|Managed by:||Private User|
About Yvana Rekar
- Born in Yavornic, Slovania.
- Missed growing up without her real mother.
- She told stories of being treated badly by her step mother, her brother Loyce coming to her rescue at times.
- Described having to walk in the snow knee deep to wash the clothes in the creek by her house.
- Moved to Alexandia, Egypt in 1926 at the age of 21.
- Stayed under the care of her Terreza Vavec, who owned a 40 room called "Pensione Vienuaz" at 5-7 Adib Rd, Alexandria.
- Married Salvatore Duca on 2nd Feb 1929.
- They started a Guest House together called "Pensione Esplanade".
- Moved to Australia in 1964 on the ship "Marco Polo". There she lived with her daughter mary and son in law Marcel.
- Burried at Botany Cemetry Section R/C 21. Grave No: 2419