Zechariah Field, Jr.
|Birthplace:||Probably Hartford, (Present Hartford County), Connecticut Colony|
|Death:||Died in Deerfield, Hampshire County (Present Franklin County), Province of Massachusetts|
Son of Zecheriah Field, Sr.; Zachariah Field, I; Zachariah* Field; Zachariah* Field; Mary Susannha Field
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Zechariah Field, Jr.
About Zechariah Field, Jr.
- 'Field genealogy (Volume v.1) - Pierce, Frederick Clifton, 1855-1904
- "Being the record of the Field family in America, whose ancestors were in the country prior to 1700. Emigrant ancestors located in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New York, New Jersey, New Hampshire, Virginia. All descendants of the Fields of England, whose ancestor, Hurbutus De la Field, was from Alsace-Lorraine."
- 63. JOHN FIELD (John, Richard, William, William, Thomas, Thomas, John, Thomas, Roger), b. Ardsley, England, about 1568; m. __ __. He was born in Ardsley, but evidently moved away before reaching his majority, for he was not mentioned in his father's will. Osgood Field is of the opinion that he died young, as he was not mentioned in the wills of his father or mother. Res. Ardsley, England
- 112. ii. ZACHARIAH, b. about 1596; m. Mary __.
- 112. ZECHARIAH FIELD (John, John, Richard, William, William, Thomas, Thomas, John, Thomas, Roger), b. East Ardsley, Yorkshire, England, in 1596; m. about 1641, Mary __. She d. about 1670. He d. June 30, 1666. Res. Dorchester, Mass., in 1629; harford, Conn., in 1636; Northampton, in 1659, and Hatfield, Mass., in 1663.
- Zechariah Field, son of John, and grandson of John Field, the astronomer, born in East Ardsley, in the West Riding of Yorkshire, England, about 1600. He probably came to New England through Wales, and sailed from Bristol, and arrived in Boston in 1629, and settled in Dorchester. .....
- ......... He was one of the twenty-five persons who engaged to settle in what is now Hatfield, and was one of the committee to lay out the lands. They were to have their houses built and occupy them before Michaelmas (Sept. 29, 1661, but he did not probably go there until the next year, where he died, June 30, 1666. .........
- 155. i. MARY, b. about 1643; m. Oct. 6, 1663, Joshua Carter, Jr., of Northampton. He was b. in 1638; was son of Joshua, of Dorchester, Windsor and Hartford. Was in Northampton in 1660, and was one of the first settlers in Deerfield; was constable in 1674, and was one of the ill-fated ones who fell with Captain Lathrope. He was killed by Indians with Captain Lathrope, at Bloody brook, Sept. 18, 1675. He was removing some of his effects to Northampton for safety where his family soon went. .....
- '156. ii. ZECHARIAH, b. about 1645; m. Sarah Webb.
- 157. iii. JOHN, b. about 1648; m. Mary Edwards.
- 158. iv. SAMUEL, b. about 1651; m. Sarah Gilbert.
- 159. v. JOSEPH, b. about 1658; m. Joanna Wyatt and Mary Belding.
- 'New England families, genealogical and memorial: a record of the ..., Volume 2 edited by William Richard Cutter
- (X) John (3), son of John (2) and Jane Field, was born about 1568, in Ardsley, and moved away before attaining his majority. Record of his death has not been found.
- (XI) Zachariah Field, grandson of John (2) Field, the astronomer, American ancestor of the Field family, was born in 1596, at East Ardsley, Yorkshire, England. The Field famly has usually taken the liberal side of religious and political questions, and in 1629 Zachariah Field left England on account of the persecutions of the dissenters, and landed in Boston, settling in Dorchester, In 1636 he was one of the Rev. Thomas Hooker's congregation, which settled in Hartford, Connecticut. With the more liberal members of the church he removed to Northampton, Massachusetts, in 1659. He was engaged in the mercantile buseness and had a large trade with the Indians. He was one of the original twenty-five proprietors of Hatfield, same colony, and was a member of the committee which laid out the lands. He received a grant of land there in 1661 and resided there until his death, June 30, 1666. He married, about 1670, ____. Their children were: Mary, 'Zachariah, mentioned below'; John, Samuel, Joseph.
The first Field in the New World
Families of Early Guilford, I:423
Zechariah Field, Jr.'s Timeline
Probably Hartford, (Present Hartford County), Connecticut Colony
September 12, 1669
Deerfield, Hampshire, Co., CT
October 31, 1671
Northampton, Hampshire County, Massachusetts Bay Colony
December 8, 1673
Deerfield, Hampshire, Massachusetts, United States
Deerfield, Hampshire County (Present Franklin County), Province of Massachusetts