Matching family tree profiles for Aeneas Mackay van Ophemert, 10th Lord Reay
About Aeneas Mackay van Ophemert, 10th Lord Reay
V. Baron Aeneas Mackat, G.C. of the Order of the Netherlands, late Vice-President of the Council of State. On the death of Eric, 9th Lord Reay, he succeeded as 10th Lord Reay in 1875, and d. at the Hague 6 March, 1876. He m. Baroness Mary C. A. F. Fagel, issue two :—
- Donald James, of whom follows ; and
- John James, d. unmarried in 1859
THE BOOK OF MACKAY BY ANGUS MACKAY, M.A. (St. Andrews
University) Minister at Westerdale, Caithness EDINBURGH : NORMAN MACLEOD, -25 GEORGE IV. BRIDGE CANADA : EDWARD MACKAY, ST. PETER'S MANSE, MADOC, ONT. M DCCCC VI
"X. Baron Aeneas Mackay of Ophemert in the Netherlands, succeeded his cousin as tenth Lord Reay. He was a Minister of State, Vice-President of the Council of State, and a G.C. of the Order of the Lion of the Netherlands. He was born 13 January 1806, and died at the Hague 6 March 1876. He married, 27 October 1837, Mary Catherine Anna Jacoba, daughter of Baron James Fagel, and by her, who died 22 May 1886, had issue :
- Donald James, eleventh Lord Beay.
- John Jacob, born 30 October 1842, and died, unmarried, 2 June 1859.
- Ann Agnes, born 1838, and died 2 March 1839."
SOURCE: The Scots peerage, Vol. VII, page 178
Baron Aeneas Mackay can Ophemert, 10th Lord Reay born 13 Jan 1807
mar. 27 Oct 1837 Baroness Maria Catherine Anna Jacoba Fagel (d. 22 May 1886), dau. of Baron James Fagel, Privy Councillor of the Netherlands
1. Baron Donald James Mackay van Ophemert, later 11th Lord Reay
2. Baron John Jacob Mackay van Ophemert (b. 30 Oct 1842; dvp. 2 Jun 1859)
1. Baroness Ann Agnes Mackay van Ophemert (b. 1838; dvp. 2 Mar 1839)
died 6 Mar 1876 suc. by son
Member, Second Chamber of the States-General 1850-62; Vice-President of the Council of State 1862-76; Minister of State 1865-76