Historical records matching Mary Aline Holverson
About Mary Aline Holverson
- Name: Mrs Mary Aline Holverson (née Towner)
- Born: Thursday 21st September 1876
- Age: 35 years
- Married to Alexander Oskar Holverson.
- Last Residence: in New York City New York United States
- 1st Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 113789 , £52
- Rescued (boat 8)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Thursday 2nd May 1918
- Cause of Death: Kidney Disease
- Buried: Woodlawn Cemetery New York City New York United States
Boston Daily Globe, 16th April 1912, p. 6. (Courtesy: Jeffrey Kern, USA)
Mrs Alexander Oskar Holverson (Mary Aline Towner), 35, was born 21 September 1876 in Bradford, Pennsylvania, the daughter of Dr. Harry Luther Towner.
A resident, in 1912, of New York City, she boarded the Titanic at Southampton with her husband Alexander.
Mrs Holverson was rescued in lifeboat 8 but she lost her husband in the disaster.
Mrs Holverson continued to live in New York City after her husband's death. The couple had no children. Mary never returned to live with her family and survived Alexander by only a few years. She passed away, aged 41, on 2 May 1918, and was buried beside her husband at the Woodlawn Cemetery in the Bronx, New York.
Descendants later claimed that while she was never a woman of robust health, the loss of her husband and her experiences in the Titanic disaster hastened her early death.