Antonio Álvarez de Toledo y Beaumont
Son of Diego Álvarez de Toledo y Enríquez de Guzmán, Conde de Lerín and Condesa propietaria Brianda de Beaumont, v. de Lerin
|Occupation:||duque de Alba, caballero del Toison, Gentil-Hombre de la Cámara|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Antonio Álvarez de Toledo y Beaumont, V. duque de Alba de Tormes
About Antonio Álvarez de Toledo y Beaumont, V. duque de Alba de Tormes
Antonio Álvarez de Toledo y Beaumont, V duque de Alba
- Antonio Álvarez de Toledo y Beaumont, V duque de Alba - Wikipedia
- born - 1568
- died - 29 Jan 1639
- father - Diego Álvarez de Toledo Enriquez de Guzmán
- mother - Brianda de Beaumont Folch de Cardona
- married - Mencia de Mendoza
- children -
- Fernando Álvaraez de Toledo (1595 - 1667), his succesor
- Maria Álvarez de Toledo
- Ana Álvaez de Toledo
- In 1599 Philip II of Spain awarded him the Order of the Golden Fleece.
- He was viceroy of Naples between 1622 and 1629 and was confronted with the Italian War over the Valtellina valley, a bad harvest and high foor prices in 1624, an earthquake which hit Naples and killed 10,000 people on June 30, 1626, frequent attacks by Turkish pirates and constant economical requisitions by Conde-Duque de Olivares.
In 1629 the King made him his Mayordomo mayor, chief of his Royal Household.
Antonio Álvarez de Toledo y Beaumont, V. duque de Alba de Tormes's Timeline
January 29, 1639