Matching family tree profiles for Mary Delia Burns
About Mary Delia Burns
- Name: Miss Mary Delia Burns
- Born: Thursday 15th November 1894
- Age: 17 years
- Last Residence: in Kilmacowen Ireland
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Queenstown on Thursday 11th April 1912
- Ticket No. 330963 , £7 17s 7d
- Destination: New York City New York United States
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Miss Mary Delia Burns , 15 or 18 , came from Kilmacowan, Knocknahur, Ballysadare, County Sligo, Ireland
She boarded the Titanic at Queenstown as a third class passenger (ticket number 330963, £7 17s 7d) with her friends Margaret Devaney and Kate Hargadon. Delia was emigrating to America where she hoped to get employment as a housemaid for a well to do family.
Miss Burns died in the sinking. Her body, if recovered, was never identified.
1. She was called Delia by her family as most first born Irish girls were christened Mary.
2. "Marriages Birth Deaths ...", the Queenstown passenger list and Ray 1999 give her age as 18. Bracken (2000) as 15
- Robert L. Bracken (2000) Irish Titanic Passengers
- Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55)
- Marriages, births, deaths and injuries that have occurred on board during the voyage (PRO London, BT 100/259-260)
- Names and Descriptions of British Passengers Embarked at the Port of Queenstown, 11 April 1912 (PRO London, BT 27/776/2).
- Noel Ray (1999) List of Passengers who Boarded RMS Titanic at Queenstown, April 11, 1912. The Irish Titanic Historical Society
- Robert L. Bracken, USA
- Joe McDonagh (nephew of Mary Delia Burns)
- Roberta McGowan (relative by marriage of Mary Delia Burns)
- Noel Ray, Ireland
- Miss Margaret Delia Devaney friend
- Miss Catherine "Kate" Hargadon friend