Rossmore Edward Abbott
|Also Known As:||"From: East Providence Rhode Island United States"|
|Death:||Died in TITANIC at sea|
|Cause of death:||Died in the sinking. Body Not Recovered|
|Place of Burial:||at SEA|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Rossmore Edward Abbott
About Rossmore Edward Abbott
- Name: Mr Rossmore Edward Abbott
- Born: Friday 21st February 1896
- Age: 16 years 1 months and 25 days.
- Marital Status: Single.
- Last Residence: in East Providence Rhode Island United States
- Occupation: Jeweller
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. CA2673 , £20 5s
- Destination: East Providence Rhode Island United States
- Died in the sinking.
- Body recovered by: Mackay-Bennett (No. 190)
- Buried: at Sea on Wednesday 24th April 1912.
Mr Rossmore Edward Abbott, 16, of Providence, Rhode Island boarded the Titanic at Southampton as a third class passenger together with his mother Rosa Abbott and brother Eugene.
As the Titanic took her final plunge Mrs Abbott and her two sons jumped from the deck, she managed to get into Collapsible A but the two boys were lost.
The body of Rossmore Abbott was recovered and was buried at sea on 24 April 1912
NO. 190 - MALE - ESTIMATED AGE, 22 - VERY FAIR
CLOTHING - Brown overcoat; grey pants; green cardigan; blue jersey; black boots.
EFFECTS - Watch; chain and fob, with medal marked "Rossmore Abbott"; pocket book empty and two knives.
PROBABLY THIRD CLASS - NAME - ROSSMORE ABBOT
Travelling Companions (on same ticket)
- Mrs Rhoda Mary 'Rosa' Abbott
- Mr Eugene Joseph Abbott
References and Sources
- Record of Bodies and Effects: Passengers and Crew, S.S. Titanic (Public Archives of Nova Scotia)