Matching family tree profiles for Josef Arnold-Franchi
About Josef Arnold-Franchi
- Name: Mr Josef Arnold-Franchi
- Born: Thursday 24th March 1887
- Age: 25 years
- Last Residence: in Altdorf Uri Switzerland
- Occupation: General Labourer
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 349237 , £17 16s
- Destination: New Glarus Wisconsin United States
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Mr Josef Arnold-Franchi, 25, was born on 24 March 1887. He was a farmer who lived in Altdorf, Kanton Uri, Switzerland. He was married to Josefine Arnold-Franchi (Josefine Franchi).
From their relatives of New Glarus, Wisconsin, they recieved in 1912 two prepaid tickets (number 31441 and 31442, all together 445 Swiss francs) from the agent: Im Obersteg, Basel. With those tickets they got their final ticket, number 349237, price: £17 16s.
The couple had a son, Josef, born on 9 December 1911. They did not have enough money to take him to America as well, so he was left behind with his grandparents.
Mr and Mrs Arnold-Franchi boarded the Titanic as third class passengers at Southampton, together with his cousin Aloisia Haas.
Josef Arnold-Franchi died in the sinking. His body if recovered, was never identified.
The Arnold' s son grew up with his grandparents Karolina and Zacharias Arnold-Haas at Attinghausen, Switzerland. The child was paid compensation of sFr 500.00and £75 from the Lord Mayor's (Mansion House) Fund.
Josef later married (1944) and died on 23 November 1973 at Baden, Switzerland.
- Günter Bäbler (1998) Reise auf der Titanic. Chronos, Zürich
- Mansion House Titanic Relief Fund Booklets and Minute Books
- Marriages, births, deaths and injuries that have occurred on board during the voyage (PRO London, BT 100/259-260)
- Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55)
- Scott Marty
- Arthur Merchant
- Hermann Söldner, Germany
Travelling Companions (on same ticket)
- Mrs Josefine Arnold-Franchi