|Also Known As:||"From: Aclare Sligo Ireland"|
|Birthplace:||Or: 14-07-1864, County Sligo, Ireland|
|Death:||Died in TITANIC at sea|
|Cause of death:||Died in the sinking. Body Not Recovered|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Jane Carr
About Jane Carr
- Name: Miss Jane Carr
- Born: Monday 11th February 1867
- Age: 45 years
- Last Residence: in Aclare Sligo Ireland
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Queenstown on Thursday 11th April 1912
- Ticket No. 368364 , £7 15s
- Destination: Hartford Connecticut United States
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Jane "Janie" Carr, 47, was born in Castlerock, Aclare, Tobbercurry, County Sligo, Ireland on 14 July 1864. She was the daughter of Thomas Carr and Bridget Goldrick and had three brothers and three sisters.
She originally emigrated to America in 1890 and worked as a domestic and cook in Springfield, Massachusetts. She later worked in Hartford, Connecticut and then at the home of Dr. C.A. Burnap of Windsor Locks, Connecticut as housekeeper and cook. Her last place of employment was as a cook at the Chicopee Falls Hotel.
She returned for an extended visit to Ireland in 1909. She was returning to America to settle her affairs and planned to return to Ireland and spend the rest of her life surrounded by her brothers and sisters and their families.
Janie Carr boarded the Titanic at Queenstown as a third class passenger (ticket number 368364, £7 15s).
She lost her life in the disaster. Her body, if recovered, was never identified.
- Robert L. Bracken (2000) Irish Titanic Passengers
- Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55)
- Names and Descriptions of British Passengers Embarked at the Port of Queenstown, 11 April 1912 (PRO London, BT 27/776/2).
- Noel Ray (1999) List of Passengers who Boarded RMS Titanic at Queenstown, April 11, 1912. The Irish Titanic Historical Society
- Robert L. Bracken, USA
- Michael A. Findlay, USA
- Noel Ray, Ireland