Matching family tree profiles for Grga Jego Čačić
About Grga Jego Čačić
- Name: Mr Jego Grga Ćačić
- Age: 18 years
- Last Residence: in Kula Croatia (Modern)
- Occupation: Farmer
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 315091 , £8 13s 3d
- Destination: Chicago Illinois United States
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Mr (Jego) Grga Ćačić, 18, an unmarried farmer from Kula, Croatia, boarded the Titanic at Southampton as a third class passenger . To reach his destination of South Chicago, Illinois, he bought his ticket from the agent: Johann Isidor Büchel, Buchs for 170 Swiss francs (ticket number 315091, £8 13s 3d).
Mr Jego Grga Cacic died in the sinking. His body, if recovered, was never identified.
"Prema pisanju Slobodana Novkovića iz Zagreba, autora knjige Titanic Hrvati u katastrofi stoljeća, na brodu su bili Ličani: Iz Široke Kule bilo je osam putnika. Grga Ćačić (rođen 1894.), sin Martina i Ane, put Amerike krenuo je sa sestrom Marijom Ćačić (rođenom 1882. ili 1. V. 1875.). "
Some lists give his name as "Grego Cacic".
- Günter Bäbler (1998) Reise auf der Titanic. Chronos, Zürich
- Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55)
- Marriages, births, deaths and injuries that have occurred on board during the voyage (PRO London, BT 100/259-260)
- Hermann Söldner, Germany