Jakob Alfred Wiklund
|Death:||Died in TITANIC at sea|
|Cause of death:||Died in the sinking. Body recovered|
|Place of Burial:||Canada|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Jakob Alfred Wiklund
About Jakob Alfred Wiklund
Mr Jakob Alfred Wiklund
- Age: 18 years
- Born 12.8.1893 in Munsala Parish
- Last Residence: in Nicolaistad (=Vasa) Finland
- Occupation: General Labourer
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 3101267 , £6 9s 11d
- Destination: Montreal Québéc Canada
- Died in the sinking.
- Body recovered by: Minia (No. 314)
- Buried: Fairview Lawn Cemetery Halifax Nova Scotia Canada on Saturday 11th May 1912.
Mr Jakob Alfred Wiklund, 18, lived and worked on his parents' farm in Nikolaistad (later Vasa/Vaasa), Finland. He boarded the Titanic at Southampton with his brother Karl Johan and Anna Sjöblom an old school friend, they were travelling to Montreal, Canada. During the trip they were accompanied by fellow Finn Jakob Alfred Johanson.
Jacob died in the sinking, his body was found by the Minia (#314) and brought to Halifax. His belongings were sent back to his parents and he was buried in Fairview Cemetery on May 11, 1912.
His parents later received £50 in compensation.
Documents Record of Bodies and Effects: Passengers and Crew SS Titanic (#314)
References Claes-Göran Wetterholm (1988, 1996) Titanic Acknowledgements Leif Snellman, Finland Claes-Göran Wetterholm, Sweden