Maria Youssef Haddad (Touma)
|Also Known As:||"Mary Thomas"|
|Death:||Died in United States|
Daughter of Darwis Touma and Hanna Youssef Touma
|Managed by:||Laura Louise Miller|
Historical records matching Maria Youssef Haddad
About Maria Youssef Haddad
- Name: Miss Maria Youssef ("Mary Thomas") Touma
- Born: Thursday 16th October 1902
- Age: 9 years
- Last Residence: in Tibnin Lebanon
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Cherbourg on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 2650 , £15 4s 11d
- Destination: Dowagiac Michigan United States
- Rescued (boat C)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Wednesday 12th August 1953
Maria Youssef Touma, 9, from Lebanon, was born 16 October 1902. She boarded the Titanic at Cherbourg with her mother Hanna and brother Georges. They were travelling to Dowagiac to join her father Darwis who had previously settled there.
The family travelled as third class passengers and were rescued in Collapsible C.
The family name was later anglicized to "Thomas" and Maria later went by "Mary Thomas", she was later married to Nicholas Haddad and she kept home for them in Flint, Genesee County, Michigan.
Maria Haddad (née Touma) died in 12 August 1953.
She is sometimes listed as "Hannah Touma".
- Dowagiac Daily News, May 3, 1912, Article
- Michigan Department of Health Certificate of Death
- Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55)
- South Bend Tribune, 13 February, 1998, Titanic Recollections
- David Bronson, USA
- Phillip Gowan, USA