|Also Known As:||"Forfa", "Assad", "Assed"|
|Death:||Died in TITANIC at sea|
|Cause of death:||Died in the sinking. Body Not Recovered|
|Place of Burial:||Atlantic Ocean|
|Managed by:||Private User|
About Assad Torfa
- Name: Mr Assad Torfa
- Age: 20 years
- Last Residence: in Tibnin Lebanon
- Occupation: Farm Labourer
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Cherbourg on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 2673 , £7 4s 7d
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Mr Assad Torfa 1, 20, a farmhand from Syria (modern day Lebanon), boarded the Titanic at Cherbourg as a third class passenger (ticket number 2673, £7 4s 7d). His ultimate destination is unknown.
Torfa perished in the disaster. His body, if recovered, was never identified.
Entry in the Casualty List (PRO BT 100/259-260)
(Public Record Office- Reprinted with permission)
1. He is sometimes listed as "_ Forfa" or "_ Assad" "_ Assed".
References and Sources
- Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55)
- Marriages, births, deaths and injuries that have occurred on board during the voyage (PRO London, BT 100/259-260)
- Hermann Söldner, Germany