Georgette Alexandra Mattei (Madill)
|Birthplace:||St. Louis, Missouri, USA|
|Cause of death:||Cerebral Vascular Accident (Stroke)|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Historical records matching Georgette Alexandra Mattei
About Georgette Alexandra Mattei
- Name: Miss Georgette Alexandra Madill
- Born: Sunday 15th March 1896
- Age: 16 years 1 months and 0 days.
- Last Residence: in St. Louis Missouri United States
- 1st Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 24160 , £211 6s 9d
- Cabin No.: B5
- Rescued (boat 2)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Thursday 14th February 1974
- Cause of Death: Cerebral Vascular Accident (Stroke)
Miss Georgette Alexandra Madill was born 15 March, 1896 in St. Louis, MO, USA.
She boarded the Titanic at Southampton as a first class passenger. She travelled with her mother, Mrs Edward Scott Robert and her cousin Miss Elisabeth Walton Allen with whom she shared cabin B-5.
Georgette was rescued in lifeboat 2.
She was later married to Don Antonio Mattei of Malta. Georgette Mattei became grossly overweight in later life while her husband-who was "Maltese royalty" was pencil thin!
Georgette Mattei (née Madill) died in London on 14 February, 1974.
Travelling Companions (on same ticket)
- Miss Elisabeth Walton Allen
- Miss Emilie Kreuchen
- Mrs Elisabeth Walton Robert
References and Sources
- Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55)
- List or Manifest of Alien Passengers for the United States Immigration Officer At Port Of Arrival (Date: 18th-19th June 1912, Ship: Carpathia) - National Archives, NWCTB 85 T715 Vol 4183
- Names and Descriptions of British Passengers Embarked at the Port of Southampton, 10 April 1912 (PRO London, BT 27/780B)
- Phillip Gowan, USA