|Birthplace:||Scarborough, Yorkshire, England|
|Death:||Died in New York, United States|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Harry Anderson
About Harry Anderson
- Name: Mr Harry Anderson
- Born: Thursday 20th October 1864
- Age: 47 years 5 months and 26 days.
- Last Residence: in New York City New York United States
- Occupation: Stockbroker
- 1st Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 19952 , £26 11s
- Cabin No.: E12
- Rescued (boat 3)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Friday 23rd November 1951
- Buried: Woodlawn Cemetery New York City New York United States
Mr Harry Anderson was born in Scarborough, Yorkshire on 20 October 1864, and went to the United States in his youth.
In 1912, Mr Anderson was returning to his home in New York City after a business and pleasure trip to England. He was a Wall Street stockbroker and was married to the former Flora Makley, daughter of John F. and Anna E. Makley. They lived on Manhattan's Upper West Side. The Andersons had no children. Mrs Anderson did not make the trip with her husband and had remained in New York.
Mr Anderson boarded the Titanic in Southampton (ticket number 19952, £26 11s) and occupied cabin E-12 . He left the Titanic in Lifeboat 3 which was one of the first boats to leave.
Back in New York, Mr Anderson was commodore of the yacht division of the New York Athletic Club. In his later years, he was a member of the Larchmont Yacht Club, the same club in which fellow survivor, Frederick Hoyt , was also a member.
Harry Anderson's wife Florence Makley Anderson died on 7 December 1937. At the time of his own death in New York on 23 November 1951, at the age of 87, he left no surviving relatives in the United States.
Harry Anderson and his wife were both buried at Woodlawn Cemetery in New York City.
- References and Sources
- Contract Ticket List , White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55)
- Phillip Gowan, USA
- Michael A. Findlay, USA
- Hermann Söldner, Germany
- Craig Stringer, UK
- Geoff Whitfield, UK