About Amelia "Nellie" Mayo Bessette
- Name: Miss Nellie Mayo Bessette
- Born: Monday 7th October 1872
- Age: 39 years
- Occupation: Personal Maid to Mrs Ella White
- 1st Class passenger
- First Embarked: Cherbourg on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 17760 , £63 7s 2d
- Cabin No.: C99
- Rescued (boat 8)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Sunday 23rd July 1944
Miss Amelia "Nellie" M. Bessette , 35, boarded the Titanic at Cherbourg as maid to Mrs J. Stuart White. They travelled on the same ticket (No. PC 17760). Mrs White and Miss Bessette were rescued on lifeboat 8.
Notes 1. Some lists give her name as "Bissetti".
2. She was listed as a U.S. Citizen.
- Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55)
- List or Manifest of Alien Passengers for the United States Immigration Officer At Port Of Arrival (Date: 18th-19th June 1912, Ship: Carpathia) - National Archives, NWCTB 85 T715 Vol 4183
- Hermann Söldner, Germany
Travelling Companions (on same ticket)
- Mr Sante Righini
- Mrs Ella White
- Miss Marie Grice Young