Historical records matching Kate Herman
About Kate Herman
Miss Kate Herman
- Born: Sunday 4th December 1887
- Age: 24 years
- 2nd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 220845 , £65
- Destination: Bernardsville New Jersey United States
- Rescued (boat 9)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Tuesday 18th January 1983
- Cause of Death: Pneumonia
- Buried: Williamette Crematory Tigard Oregon United States
Miss Kate ("Kitty") Herman, 24, from Castle Cary, Somerset was born on 6 December 1888. She was the daughter of Samuel Herman (butcher and hotelier) and Jane Herman (née Laver).
She boarded the Titanic at Southampton as a second class passenger together with her twin sister Alice and her parents Jane and Samuel as well asthe adopted son and employee of her father's, George Sweet.
To reach their destination Bernardsville, New Jersey, where her mother had a brother, they bought ticket number 220845 for £65.
Kate Herman, her mother and sister survived the sinking. They were rescued by the Carpathia in lifeboat 9. After their rescue they went on to her uncle, Mr Laver, at Somerset Hill Country Club, New Jersey. They later moved to Bedminster, New Jersey
Kate later went to Portland, Oregon where she married and lived the rest of her life.
Kate Parsons (née Herman) died in Portland on 18 January, 1983. Her son Herman still lives in Vancouver, Washington, Norman Parsons in St. Helens, Oregon. Her daughter Hermoine Kinney died in Seattle on May 14, 1997 at the age of 82. (Source Encyclopedia Titanica)