Matching family tree profiles for George Frederick Sweet
About George Frederick Sweet
Mr George Frederick Sweet
- Adopted son of the Herman family
- Born: Friday 16th April 1897
- Age: 14 years
- Last Residence: in Yeovil Somerset England
- Occupation: Farm Labourer
- 2nd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 220845 , £65
- Destination: Bernardsville New Jersey United States
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Mr George Sweet was born in 1897 in Castle Cary, Somerset.
A farm labourer, he boarded the Titanic at Southampton as a second class passenger together with with his adoptive father Samuel Herman with whom he had been previously employed and Samuel's family. Their destination was Bernardsville, New Jersey. Sweet had a joint ticket with the Hermans, number 220845, £65.
Hermans "adopted" him only symbolically. His parents (Joseph Sweet and Anna, née Chamberlain) still lived in 1912 and received 15 pounds sterling from the Titanic Relief Fund.
(source e-Titanica / Herr Hermann Söldner) Mr Sweet, died in the sinking. His body, if recovered, was never identified.