Matching family tree profiles for Emma Eliza Bucknell
About Emma Eliza Bucknell
- Name: Mrs Emma Eliza Bucknell (née Ward)
- Born: Saturday 28th August 1852
- Age: 59 years
- Last Residence: in Philadelphia Pennsylvania United States
- 1st Class passenger
- First Embarked: Cherbourg on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 11813 , £76 5s 10d
- Cabin No.: D15
- Rescued (boat 8)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Monday 27th June 1927
Mrs William Robert Bucknell (Emma Eliza Ward), 60, boarded the Titanic at Cherbourg (ticket number 11813, £76 5s 10d, Cabin D-15) with her maid Albina Bazzani. She was travelling to her home in Philadelphia, PA.
Mrs Bucknell's husband was the founder of Bucknell College in Philadelphia.
While awaiting the Titanic on the Tender at Cherbourg Mrs Bucknell told Molly brown that she had "evil forebodings" that something might happen to the ship. Mrs Brown laughed but Mrs bucknell would have cause to remind her of her words only days later.
Mrs Bucknell and Ms Bazzani were rescued in lifeboat 8.
- Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55)
- Hermann Söldner, Germany
Travelling Companions (on same ticket)
- Mrs Albina Bazzani
Emma Eliza Bucknell's Timeline
August 28, 1852
May 12, 1874
May 29, 1876
Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
July 26, 1877
February 15, 1880
June 27, 1927