Mary Dunbar Hewlett (Kingcome)
|Death:||Died in Naini Tal, India|
|Cause of death:||Septicaemia|
|Place of Burial:||Kaladhungi Road Cemetery (Himalayas)|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Historical records matching Mary Dunbar Hewlett
About Mary Dunbar Hewlett
Mrs Mary Dunbar Hewlett (née Kingcome)
- Born: Sunday 8th July 1855
- Age: 56 years
- Marital Status: Married.
- Last Residence: in Lucknow India
- 2nd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 248706 , £16
- Destination: Rapid City United States
- Rescued (boat 13)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Wednesday 9th May 1917
- Cause of Death: Septicaemia
- Buried: Kaladhungi Road Cemetery
Mrs Mary Dunbar Hewlett (née Kingcome), 56, was born in Clifton, Bristol in 1855. In 1875 she was married to Frederick Rufford Hewlett and by 1881 had four children. One of her sons had moved to Lucknow in India and she was returning from a visit to him in early 1912 to see another son, Francis, in Rapid City, South Dakota. In England she had visited her daughter, Mrs E. Villiers, Riverbank, Lymington, Hampshire.
For the journey to America she travelled second class on the Titanic having embarked Southampton. She travelled under ticket number 248706 which had cost £16.
Mrs Hewlett survived the sinking. She was rescued by the Carpathia in lifeboat 13. On the Carpathia she sent a telegram to London on 18 April at 4.21 pm: