About Walter Miller Clark
- Name: Mr Walter Miller Clark
- Born: Tuesday 13th May 1884
- Age: 27 years
- Last Residence: in Los Angeles California United States
- 1st Class passenger
- First Embarked: Cherbourg on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 13508 , £136 15s 7d
- Cabin No.: C89
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Mr Walter Miller Clark, 27, was the son of J. Ross Clark, Vice President of the San Pedro, Los Angeles & Salt Lake Railroad. Clark was returning home from a trip abroad.
He boarded the Titanic at Cherbourg as a first class passenger, together with his wife Virginia. (ticket number 13508, £136 15s 7d). They were travelling to Los Angeles, California and occupied cabin C-89 (? C-87).
Mr Clark perished in the disaster. His body, if recovered, has never been identified.
A church in Long Beach, CA now named Lakewood Village Community Church was built in 1937 and was named Walter Miller Clark Memorial Community Church. Clark's mother, Miriam Clark, donated the land and the funds to build the church.
Travelling Companions (on same ticket)
- Mrs Virginia Estelle Clark
References and Sources
- Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55)
- James Melvin, USA
- Hermann Söldner, Germany
Walter Miller Clark's Timeline
May 13, 1884
April 15, 1912
At Sea - Titanic Casualty