James Edward Cartwright
|Death:||Died in TITANIC at sea|
|Cause of death:||Died in the sinking. Body recovered by: Minia (No. 320)|
|Place of Burial:||Halifax, Halifax County, NS, Canada|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for James Edward Cartwright
About James Edward Cartwright
- Name: Mr James Edward Cartwright
- Born in London London England
- Age: 32 years
- Marital Status: Single.
- Last Residence: at 11 Western Terrace Southampton Hampshire England
- Occupation: Saloon Steward
- Last Ship: Olympic
- Victualling crew
- First Embarked: Belfast on Monday 1st April 1912
- Died in the sinking. Body recovered by: Minia (No. 320)
- Buried: Fairview Lawn Cemetery Halifax Nova Scotia Canada on Friday 10th May 1912.
Mr James Edward Cartwright, 32, was born in London.
He initially signed-on to the Titanic in Belfast on 1 April 1912. He signed-on again in Southampton on 4 April 1912, when he did so he gave his address as 11 Western Terrace, (Southampton). He had transferred from the Olympic. As a saloon steward he received monthly wages of £3 15s.
© Bob Knuckle, Dundas, Ontario, Canada
Cartwright died in the sinking. His body was recovered (#320) by the Montmagny and was buried at Fairview Lawn Cemetery, Halifax, Nova Scotia on 10 May 1912.
References and Sources Agreement and Account of Crew (PRO London, BT100/259) White Star Line (1912.) Record of Bodies and Effects (Passengers and Crew S.S. "Titanic") Recovered by Cable Steamer "MacKay Bennett" Including Bodies Buried at Sea and Bodies Delivered at Morgue in Halifax, N.S.