Historical records matching Laura Mae Buzzell
About Laura Mae Buzzell
- Name: Miss Laura Mae Cribb
- Born: Wednesday 24th July 1895
- Age: 16 years
- Marital Status: Single.
- Last Residence: in Parkstone Dorset England
- Occupation: Shop Assistant
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 371362 , £16 2s
- Destination: Newark New Jersey United States
- Rescued (boat 12)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Thursday 4th April 1974
- Cause of Death: Cerebral Thrombosis
- Buried: Carlsbad Cemetery Carlsbad New Mexico United States
Miss Laura May Cribb 1 was born on 24th July 1895, in Newark, New Jersey 2 the daughter of John Hatfield Cribb and Bessie Welch. She had three siblings: Ernest, Ellen, and Frank.
In 1912 Laura and her family had been staying in Bournemouth, Dorset, England. She and her father boarded the Titanic at Southampton as third class passengers; their destination was Newark, New Jersey.
On the night of the sinking Laura was rescued, possibly in lifeboat 12.
Laura married Howard M. Buzzell 3 in 1916 in Parkstone, England and they returned to the United States permanently in 1919. In 1947 they moved to Carlsbad, New Mexico after living for a number of years in Phoenix, Arizona.
Laura Mae Buzzell (née Cribb) died in New Mexico, USA on the 4th April 1974 4. She is buried with her husband in the Oddfellows Section of Carlsbad Cemetery (Section D, Lot 1). She was survived by two sons: Howard Buzzell of Carthage, New York and Ernest Buzzell of Gouverneur, New York; Three daughters: Virginia (Mrs Louis Williams) of Wilmington, Delaware, Elizabeth (Mrs F. G. Kendall) of Atlanta and Georgia Shirley (Mrs Henry Carroll) of Lompoc, California; as well as her brother Earnest Cribb of London, England. Laura also left 19 grandchildren and 4 great-grandchildren.
Notes 1. Ship' Manifest, Megantic, 1918. Laura gave her middle name as May. Graham Cribb gives her name as "Laura Alice Cribb", Findlay (1998) gives her name as "Laura Mary Cribb", her death certificate and other documents give her name as "Laura Mae". 2. This is the birthplace mentioned on the death certificate and obituary, another source (GC) gives her birth place as Lymington, Hampshire, England. 3. Buzzell died on 31 August 1961. 4. According to her obitiary she was a member of Epworth Methodist Church, Rebekah Lodge #13, and was a past president of L.A.P.M. (?) of Hobbs, New Mexico.
Certificates State of New Mexico Certificate of Death
- My Experience of the wreck of the R.M.S. Titanic by Laura Mae Cribb
- Cameron Bell, Northern Ireland
- Graham Cribb (descendent of Laura Cribb)
- Phillip Gowan, USA
- Ben R. Roberts, USA
- Hermann Söldner, Germany
Travelling Companions (on same ticket)
- Mr John Hatfield Cribb