Matching family tree profiles for Joseph Stanley Gill
About Joseph Stanley Gill
- Name: Mr Joseph Stanley Gill
- Born in Paisley Renfrewshire Scotland
- Age: 34 years
- Marital Status: Married.
- Last Residence: at 17 Suffolk Avenue Southampton Hampshire England - Map
- Occupation: Bed Room Steward
- Last Ship: Olympic
- Victualling crew
- First Embarked: Belfast on Monday 1st April 1912
- Died in the sinking. Body recovered by: Mackay-Bennett (No. 49)
- Buried: at Sea on Sunday 21st April 1912.
Mr Joseph Stanley Gill, 34, was born in Paisley.
He was on board the Titanic for her delivery trip from Belfast to Southampton. When he signed-on again, in Southampton, on 4 April 1912, he gave his address as 17 Suffolk Avenue, (Southampton). His last ship had been the Olympic. As a bedroom steward he received monthly wages of £3 15s.
Gill died in the sinking. His body was later recovered by the Mackay-Bennett (#49) and buried at sea on 21 April 1912.
NO. 49. - MALE. - ESTIMATED AGE, 40. - HAIR AND MOUSTACHE, DARK.
CLOTHING - Black coat; Steward's white coat; black trousers.
TATTOO - On left arm, "S. Gill" on Union Jack.
EFFECTS - Ship's keys; fountain pen.
NAME - J. S. GILL., 17 Suffolk Ave., Southampton.
References and Sources Agreement and Account of Crew (PRO London, BT100/259) Particulars of Engagement (Belfast), Ulster Folk and Transport Museum (TRANS 2A/45 381) White Star Line (1912.) Record of Bodies and Effects (Passengers and Crew S.S. "Titanic") Recovered by Cable Steamer "MacKay Bennett"