Katherine Gold (Cook)
|Birthplace:||Greater London, UK|
|Death:||(Date and location unknown)|
|Managed by:||Private User|
About Katherine Gold
- Name: Mrs Katherine Gold (née Cook)
- Age: 42 years
- Marital Status: Married.
- Last Residence: in Southampton Hampshire England
- Occupation: Stewardess Victualling crew
- First Embarked: Southampton
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
(Chris Dohany, USA)
Mrs Katherine "Kate" Gold, 40, was born in Woolwich.
She was on board the White Star Line vessel Suevic when it ran aground in 1907 (the ship later broke in two and a new bow was attached to the surviving stern section).
When she signed-on to the Titanic on 6 April 1912 she gave her address as Glenthorne Bassett. SHis last ship had been the Olympic. As a stewardess she received monthly wages of £3 10s.
She was rescued on lifeboat 11.
References and Sources Agreement and Account of Crew (PRO London, BT100/259)
Related Articles and Documents
Western Daily Mercury (1912) STEWARDESSES INTERVIEWED