About Thomas Hewett
- Name: Mr Thomas Hewett
- Born in Liverpool Merseyside England
- Age: 37 years
- Marital Status: Married.
- Last Residence: at 96 (?94) Devonfield Road, Aintree Liverpool Merseyside England - Map
- Occupation: Bed Room Steward
- Last Ship: Vandyke
- Victualling crew
- First Embarked: Belfast on Monday 1st April 1912
- Died in the sinking. Body recovered by: Mackay-Bennett (No. 168)
- Buried: at Sea on Wednesday 24th April 1912.
Mr T. Hewitt, 37, was born in Liverpool.
He was on board the Titanic for her delivery trip from Belfast to Southampton. When he signed-on again, in Southampton, on 4 April 1912, he gave his address as 96 Devonfield Road, Aintree, (Liverpool). His last ship had been the Vandyke. As a bedroom steward he received monthly wages of £3 15s.
Hewitt died in the sinking. His body was later recovered by the Mackay-Bennett (#168) and buried at sea on 24 April 1912.
NO. 168. - MALE. - ESTIMATED AGE, 35. - HAIR, DARK.
CLOTHING - Black suit.
EFFECTS - Gold watch and chain; keys; gold signet ring.
NAME - H. HEWETT.
References and Sources Agreement and Account of Crew (PRO London, BT100/259) Particulars of Engagement (Belfast), Ulster Folk and Transport Museum (TRANS 2A/45 381) White Star Line (1912.) Record of Bodies and Effects (Passengers and Crew S.S. "Titanic") Recovered by Cable Steamer "MacKay Bennett"
Related Articles and Documents
MANSION HOUSE TITANIC RELIEF FUND