About J. W. Marriott
- Name: Mr J. W. Marriott
- Age: 20 years
- Marital Status: Single.
- Last Residence: in Southampton Hampshire England
- Occupation: Assistant Pantryman Steward Victualling crew
- First Embarked: Southampton
- Died in the sinking. Body recovered by: Mackay-Bennett (No. 2)
- Buried: Fairview Lawn Cemetery Halifax Nova Scotia Canada on Wednesday 8th May 1912.
Mr J. W. Marriott, of 7 Chilworth Rd, Southampton, died in the sinking.
© Bob Knuckle, Canada.
His body recovered by the MacKay-Bennett and he was buried at Fairview Lawn Cemetery, Halifax, N.S. on 8 May 1912.
NO. 2 - MALE. - ESTIMATED AGE, 24. - HAIR, DARK: - MOLE UNDER LEFT NIPPLE.
CLOTHING — Brown tweed coat; white steward's jacket; brown waist coat; Blue serge trousers; black shoes; White Star cap.
MARKS ON CLOTHES - "G. Levett"
EFFECTS — Empty purse marked "W. Marriott, 5 Slingett Cottages, Southampton", Address on envelope, "Mr W. Marriott, 7 Chilworth Rd., Shirley Warren, Southampton."
PROBABLY A STEWARD
NAME - W. MARRIOTT.
References and Sources White Star Line (1912.) Record of Bodies and Effects (Passengers and Crew S.S. "Titanic") Recovered by Cable Steamer "MacKay Bennett"