Orian Scott Davidson (Hays)
|Birthplace:||Illinois, United States|
|Death:||Died in Montreal, Montreal, Québec, Canada|
|Place of Burial:||Montreal, Montreal, Québec, Canada|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Orian Scott Davidson
About Orian Scott Davidson
- Name: Mrs Orian Davidson (née Hays)
- Born: Tuesday 18th November 1884
- Age: 27 years
- Married to Thornton Davidson.
- Last Residence: in Calgary Alberta Canada
- 1st Class passenger
- First Embarked: Cherbourg on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 12750 , £52
- Cabin No.: B71
- Rescued (boat 3)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Thursday 3rd May 1979
Mrs Thornton Davidson (Orian Hays), 27, was born November 18, 1884 the daughter of Charles Melville Hays and Clara Jennings Gregg, She and her husband, Thorton Davidson were returning to their home in Montreal after a holiday in Paris. Mr and Mrs Davidson occupied cabin B-71. Mr and Mrs Hays occupied cabin B-69.
Orian and Clara were rescued in lifeboat 3 but both their husbands were lost.
Clara later remarried to Robert Newmarch Hickson. After her death on 3 May 1979 at the age of 96, she was buried next to her parents and first husband at at Mount Royal Cemetery, Montreal.
Travelling Companions (on same ticket)
- Mr Thornton Davidson
References and Sources
- Montreal Gazette, May 1979, Obituary