Historical records matching Jennie Matlin
About Jennie Matlin
- Name: Miss Jennie Dropkin
- Born: Monday 20th June 1887
- Age: 24 years
- Last Residence: in London London England
- Occupation: Box Maker
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 392083 , £8 1s
- Destination: New York City New York United States
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Thursday 9th August 1951
- Cause of Death: Natural Causes
- Buried: Mount Hebron Cemetery Flushing New York United States
Miss Jennie Dropkin (1) was born 20 June 1887 in Mogilyov, Byelorussia, the daughter of Jacob Dropkin and Masha Kovolove.
She boarded the Titanic at Southampton as a third class passenger (ticket number SOTON/OQ 392083, £8 1s).
After surviving the sinking she settled in Brooklyn, New York and on 8 March 1913 married Max Matlin. Max Matlin was a young tinsmith in Brooklyn who was born 20 May 1887 in Dwinsk, Russia, son of Wolf Matlin and Rosa Westerman.
Shortly after marriage the couple moved to Hartford, Connecticut and had two sons there. Returning to Brooklyn in 1917 they had two more sons in New York. Jennie, who was Jewish, died Brooklyn on 9 August 1951 and was buried in Mount Hebron Cemetery.
Max died 5 November 1952 in Queens, New York. A son is still living in Florida and other descendants live in New York and New Jersey.
1. Her name is usually listed as "Drapkin".
- State of New York Certificate of Death
- Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55).
- Phillip Gowan, USA