Berta Antonia Maria Flegenheim (Wendt)
|Also Known As:||"Antoinette"|
|Death:||(Date and location unknown)|
Daughter of Wilhelm Karl Ferdinand Wendt and Pauline Anna Dorothee Wendt (Wagner)
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Berta Antonia Maria Flegenheim
About Berta Antonia Maria Flegenheim
- Name: Mrs Antoinette Flegenheim
- Age: 48 years
- Last Residence: in New York City New York United States
- 1st Class passenger
- First Embarked: Cherbourg on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 17598 , £31 13s 8d
- Rescued (boat 7)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
Mrs Alfred Flegenheim (Antoinette) , 48, was born in Berlin, Germany in May 1871. She married her husband Alfred in Germany in 1891 and came to New York City in 1892. They had no children. Alfred Flegenheimer died in Manhattan on 23 November 1907 .
A wealthy socialite she was reportedly living in Philadelphia although most record indicate her home as Manhattan, New York.
Mrs Flegenheim boarded the Titanic at Southampton as a first class passenger (ticket number PC 17598, £31, 13s, 8d). She was rescued in lifeboat 7.
She was married in late 1912 to an Englishman, Mr P. E. White-Hurst.
Mrs White Hurst (late Flegenheimer) is thought to have died in Europe (possibly in Berlin).
- 1. Her husband's name appears to have been "Flegenheimer" but she generally used the shortened version of the name.
- 2. His body was placed in a "holding vault" at Salem Fields Cemetery until 21 January 1908 when it was shipped to Germany for burial
- Michael A. Findlay, USA
- Phillip Gowan, USA
- Charles Provost, USA