|Death:||Died in TiTANIC at sea|
|Cause of death:||Died in the sinking. Body recovered by: Mackay-Bennett (No. 11)|
|Place of Burial:||Halifax, Halifax County, NS, Canada|
|Managed by:||Private User|
About John Shea
- Name: Mr John Shea
- Age: 39 years
- Marital Status: Married.
- Last Residence: at 77 Portsmouth Road Southampton Hampshire England - Map
- Occupation: Saloon Steward
- Last Ship: Olympic
- Victualling crew
- First Embarked: Belfast on Monday 1st April 1912
- Died in the sinking. Body recovered by: Mackay-Bennett (No. 11)
- Buried: Fairview Lawn Cemetery Halifax Nova Scotia Canada on Tuesday 7th May 1912.
Mr John Shea, 39, was born in Hampshire.
When he signed-on to the Titanic, on 4th April, 1912 he gave his address as 77 Portsmouth. Rd., (Southampton). His last ship had been the Olympic. As a first class steward he received monthly wages of £3 15s.
(Courtesy: Bob Knuckle, Canada).
Shea died in the sinking, his body was later recovered by the steamship Mackay-Bennett (#11) and was buried at Fairview Lawn Cemetery, Halifax, Nova Scotia on 7th May, 1912.
NO. 11. - MALE. - ESTIMATED AGE, 45. - LIGHT MOUSTACHE. - HAIR, DARK.
CLOTHING - Black coat; blue trousers; black boots.
NAME ON CLOTHING AND PAPERS - "Shea".
EFFECTS - Watch; keys (2nd Steward); gloves; pipe.
NAME - SHEA.
References and Sources Particulars of Engagement, Public Record Office (BT100/259) Record of Bodies and Effects: Passengers and Crew, S.S. Titanic (#11)