About William H. Slight
Marriages Mar 1897 Lawes Catherine Southampton 2c 27
Slight William Henry J Southampton 2c 27
- Name: Mr William H. Slight
- Born in Hampshire England
- Age: 37 years
- Marital Status: Widowed.
- Last Residence: at Hillside, Bitterne Park Southampton Hampshire England
- Occupation: Larder Cook
- Last Ship: Olympic
- Victualling crew
- First Embarked: Belfast on Monday 1st April 1912
- Died in the sinking. Body Not Recovered
Mr W. Slight, 35 , was born in Hampshire.
He was on board the Titanic for her delivery trip from Belfast to Southampton. When he signed-on again, in Southampton, on 4 April 1912, he gave his address as ) Hillside, Bitterne Park, (Southampton). His last ship had been the Olympic. As larder cook he received monthly wages of £7.
Slight died in the sinking. His body, if recovered, was never identified.
Notes 1. On the Belfast agreement his age is listed as 29.
References and Sources Agreement and Account of Crew (PRO London, BT100/259) Particulars of Engagement (Belfast), Ulster Folk and Transport Museum (TRANS 2A/45 381)