About Charles Edwin Smith
- Name: Mr Charles Edwin Smith
- Age: 38 years
- Marital Status: Married.
- Last Residence: in Woolston Hampshire England
- Occupation: Bed Room Steward Victualling crew
- First Embarked: Southampton
- Died in the sinking. Body recovered by: Montmagny (No. 329)
- Buried: Fairview Lawn Cemetery Halifax Nova Scotia Canada on Monday 20th May 1912.
Mr Charles Edwin Smith, 38, was born in Hampshire.
© Bill Fowler, Canada.
When he signed-on to the Titanic in Southampton on 4 April 1912, he gave his address as Hollydene Portsmouth Rd., (Southampton). He had transferred from the Olympic. As a bedroom steward he received monthly wages of £3 15s.
Smith died in the sinking. His body was recovered (#329) by the Montmagny and was buried at Fairview Lawn Cemetery, Halifax, Nova Scotia on 20 May 1912.
References and Sources Record of Bodies and Effects: Passengers and Crew, S.S. Titanic (#329) Crew Particulars of Engagement, Public Record Office (BT100/259)