About James Thomas Wood
- Name: Mr James Thomas Wood
- Born in Kent England
- Age: 40 years
- Marital Status: Married.
- Last Residence: at 7 Norfolk Road, Upper Clapton London London England
- Occupation: Assistant Saloon Steward Victualling crew
- First Embarked: Southampton
- Died in the sinking. Body Not Recovered
Sarah, widow of James Thomas Wood. Death of a Seaman Mr J. T. Wood, 40, was born in Kent.
When he signed-on to the Titanic, on 4 April 1912, he gave his address as 7 Monford Road, Upper Clapton, (London). His last ship had been the Oceanic. As a second class steward he received monthly wages of £3 15s.
Wood died in the sinking. His body, if recovered, was never identified.
References and Sources Agreement and Account of Crew (PRO London, BT100/259)
Related Articles and Documents
Folkestone, Hythe, Sandgate, and Cheriton Herald (1912) HYTHE MOURNERS (1912) DEATH OF A SEAMAN Hackney And Kingsland Gazette (1912) CLAPTON WIDOW'S APPLICATION (1913) MANSION HOUSE TITANIC RELIEF FUND (1940) SARAH, WIDOW OF JAMES THOMAS WOOD.