Matching family tree profiles for Dr Alice Leader
About Dr Alice Leader
- Name: Dr Alice Leader (née Farnham)
- Born: Saturday 10th May 1862
- Age: 49 years
- Last Residence: in New York City New York United States
- Occupation: Doctor
- 1st Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 17465 , £25 18s 7d
- Cabin No.: D17
- Rescued (boat 8)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Thursday 20th April 1944
- Cause of Death: Heart Failure / Disease
- Buried: Attica New York United States
Dr Alice Farnham Leader was born in New York, N.Y. on May 10, 1862, the daughter of Reuben H. Farnham and Frances Humphreys, both parents were also born in New York.
Alice and her husband John were childless, they both worked as physicians at a practice in New York City.
Alice boarded the Titanic at Southampton as a first class passenger, she shared cabin D-17 with Margaret Swift. She was rescued in lifeboat 8.
After her rescue from the Titanic Alice returned to work. She retired in the 1920s and was a frequent visitor to the Orlando, Florida area where a married sister lived. She still has one great-nephew living in Orlando and a number of other great-nephews and nieces living in the Venice/Fort Myers area.
Alice Leader died in Florida on April 20, 1944; she was buried in Attica, N.Y.
- Mrs Margaret Welles Swift
- Mrs Marion Kenyon
- Mr Frederick R. Kenyon
References and Sources
- The Winter Park Herald (Florida), April 28, 1944 (Obit
uary) State of Florida Certificate of Death (#8809)
- Phillip Gowan, USA