Matching family tree profiles for Austin Partner
About Austin Partner
Births Mar 1872
Partner Austin Ongar 4a 129
Marriages Mar 1897
- Hilton Nellie Mary F S Chichester 2b 564
- Partner Austin Chichester 2b 564
- Name: Mr Austin Partner
- Born: Thursday 30th November 1871
- Age: 40 years
- Last Residence: in Tolworth London England
- Occupation: Stockbroker
- 1st Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 113043 , £28 10s
- Cabin No.: C124
- Died in the sinking.
- Body recovered by: Mackay-Bennett (No. 166)
- Buried: The Churchyard Long Ditton Surrey England
Mr Austin Partner, 40, was born 30 November 1871.
A resident of Tolworth, Surbiton Hill, Surrey, Mr Partner was a stockbroker known on both sides of the Atlantic. Ten days before he sailed, he had begun a new job with the brokerage firm of Myer and Robertson and was coming to Canada to familiarize himself with an affiliated firm, Robinson and Black. It would be his 17th trip to Canada. Married, with two boys, one 12, the other 9, he was going to first to Toronto and then to Winnipeg.
He boarded the Titanic at Southampton (ticket number 113043, £28 10s), he occupied cabin C-142.
Mr Partner died in the sinking, his body was recovered by the Mackay-Bennett (#166):
NO. 166. - MALE. - ESTIMATED AGE, 45. - HAIR, FAIR,
CLOTHING - Blue suit.
EFFECTS - Cigar case; silver cigarette case, marked "A. P."; cigar cutter; gold hunter watch; keys; gold links; 3 gold studs; 9s. 3 1/2d; $50.00 in gold; £3 in gold; £5 in note; pocketbook; $71.00.
FIRST CLASS PASSENGER.
NAME - AUSTEN PARTNER.
On 7 May 1912 the body was forwarded to New York for shipment to England aboard the S. S. Minnehaha which sailed 11 May 1912. He was buried at St. Mary's Churchyard, Long Ditton, Surrey, England
- Mr Herman Klaber Cabin Companion
References and Sources
- White Star Line (1912.) Record of Bodies and Effects (Passengers and Crew S.S. "Titanic") Recovered by Cable Steamer "MacKay Bennett" Including Bodies Buried at Sea and Bodies Delivered at Morgue in Halifax, N.S. Public Archives of Nova Scotia, Halifax, N.S., Manuscript Group 100, Vol. 229, No. 3d, Accession 1976-191, 76 pp., unpaged. (#166)
- Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55)
- Alan Hustak (1999) Titanic: The Canadian Story. Véhicule Press. ISBN 1 55065 113 7
- Brian Ticehurst (1996) Titanics Memorials World wide: Where they are Located. ISBN 1 871733 05 7
- Alan Hustak, Canada
- Hermann Söldner, Germany
- Craig Stringer, UK
- Geoff Whitfield, UK