Historical records matching Andrew Emslie Johnston
About Andrew Emslie Johnston
- Name: Mr Andrew Emslie Johnston
- Born: Sunday 14th May 1876
- Age: 35 years
- Last Residence: in Thornton Heath London England
- Occupation: Plumber
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 6607 , £23 9s
- Destination: New London Connecticut United States
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Mr Andrew Emslie Johnston was born on the 14th May, 1876, the son of William (Master Meal Miller) and Catherine Johnston of Mill of Bodham, New Machar, Aberdeen, Scotland 1. He was educated at the local New Machar school along with his siblings, William, James, Peter, Helen and Catherine. Upon leaving school, Andrew became apprenticed to a plumbing business and in time became a master plumber. In time he met Eliza Watson, daughter of William and Catherine Margaret (McGregor) Watson of Bracadale, Isle of Skye. and the couple were married on Christmas Eve 1902 at the United Free Presbyterian Church, Alexandria near Glasgow.
Andrew's work took him over the border and into the South of England, where they lived at a number of addresses in the Croydon and Thornton Heath areas.
Their first child, William Andrew, was born in Croydon on 14th September 1903, followed by a daughter, Catherine Nellie on the 19th February 1905.
Also living in England, but in the county of Sussex, was Eliza's sister Margaret Ann. Her eldest daughter, Frances, was already in the United States working as a domestic servant, and so impressed the family with tales of a better life that both families decided to leave for America. Travelling with them was a friend of Frances, Phoebe Alice Harknett. Andrew and his family boarded the Titanic at Southampton as third class passengers (ticket no.W./C. 6607, £23 9s).
The entire party of ten were lost in the sinking. Their bodies, if recovered, were never identified.
Travelling Companions (on same ticket)
- Mrs Eliza Johnston
- Master William Andrew Johnston
- Miss Catherine Nellie Johnston
- Mrs Margaret Ann Watson Ford Sister-in-Law
- Miss Alice Phoebe Harknett Lodger
- Miss Robina Maggie Ford Neice
- Mr William Neal Thomas Ford Nephew
- Mr Edward Watson Ford Nephew
- Miss Dollina Margaret Ford Neice
Andrew Emslie Johnston's Timeline
September 14, 1903
Croydon, Greater London, UK
February 19, 1905
April 15, 1912
TITANIC at sea